Hello,

I have a custom authentication backend and a custom user model. The
authentication() method in the custom authentication backend returns the
custom user after successful authentication. Once authenticated, I use
login from django.contrib.auth to set the sessionid for the custom user.
Now, I create a method as shown below:
*
def myview(request):
    if not request.user.is_authenticated():
        return render(request,'auth_fail.html')
    else:
        return render(request,'auth_success.html')*

This is always returning not authenticated. When I print request.user, it
shows AnonymousUser. But, when i print request.COOKIES, i can see the
sessionid which was set by the login method from django.contrib.auth.

So, my question is how can I check if the custom user is authenticated or
not?.
Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
Goose.