On 25/08/2013 1:21pm, Patrick Larmann wrote:
Hello,
Thanks for your response. I reinstalled it but am still getting the
error. How would I do a full revert?

$ pip uninstall django

followed by

$ pip install django

If you haven't got pip installed you need to get it. https://pypi.python.org/pypi/pip

Also, I would start again with the tutorials in a fresh directory and use a plain text editor (Notepad++ or Textpad for me) with Python syntax highlighting rather than Pycharm.

Once you get your head around the tutorials and have a reasonable feel for Django you will be more comfortable with Pycharm. I think an IDE is vital if you are developing a project with your own separate libraries and you are in and out of them making changes all the time. Otherwise, (for me) it is easier to have a bunch of Textpad or Notepad++ windows with all the code I want to work on or refer to.

Mike

Thx!

On Saturday, August 24, 2013 11:02:38 PM UTC-4, Mike Dewhirst wrote:

    On 25/08/2013 11:56am, Patrick Larmann wrote:
     > Hello guys,
     > I really appreciate the help. I have a problem with Pycharm. I am
     > getting this constant error in my runserver.py in both of my
    projects. I
     > did not modify or touch the file, and yet the error persists.
     > I attached a screenshot.

    It looks (to me) as though you are editing a part of Django itself.
    Although it is open source you need to really know what you are
    doing if
    that is your focus.

    I would revert any changes made to django and stay within my own code.

    hth

    <https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out>.