Hi,

I would like to conduct unit testing using complex test data that I do not want
to reload for every test again and again.

In broken down steps to what I would like to do:

 1. Create test database
 2. Load initial data using database's own tools instead of Django fixtures
 3. Record state of the database
 4. Load per test data if needed
 5. Run a test - one of the CRUD ops for example
 6. Reset database to state recorded in step 3
 7. Jump to step 4 if there is more tests waiting to be run
 8. Destroy test database

To my understanding I need custom test runner that creates and loads up
database,

Next thing that I need is to to create wrapping transaction that I will always
rollback in the end of test case cycle, and finally drop test user off along
the database.

Any pointers and ideas are welcome. I would prefer to have "universal" solution
that is applicable to all supported django backends, though Oracle and
PostgreSQL (+ PostGIS) is my main target. Sqlite (+ SpatiaLite) would be a
bonus.

--

Jani Tiainen