On Monday, 9 September 2013 10:24:54 UTC+1, Pepsodent Cola wrote:

> This is my Models code and I want to output the contents of variable *
> blackbox* to my screen.
>
> 1.)  Do I need to write some code in Views.py to transfer my variable
> "blackbox" from Models to Views to Detail.html?
> 2.)  Or can I access my variable "blackbox" directly from Detail.html?
>

> #_______________________________________________________________________________
>
> class AltwordManager(models.Manager):
>     def dictfetchall2(self, p):
>         "Returns all rows from a cursor as a dict."
>         *desc = p.description*
> *        self.dark = desc*
>         return [
>             dict(zip([col[0] for col in desc], row))
>             for row in p.fetchall()
>         ]
>
>     def vote_order(self):
>         "Returns a 1:M list ordered by votes."
>         cursor =  connection.cursor()
>         cursor.execute("""
> SELECT navi_polls_word.rosword, navi_polls_altword.alt_ros_word,
> navi_polls_altword.votes
> FROM navi_polls_altword INNER JOIN navi_polls_word
> ON (navi_polls_altword.rosword_id=navi_polls_word.id)
> ORDER BY votes DESC
>         """)
>         #row = cursor.fetchall()
>         #row = dictfetchall(cursor)
>         row = AltwordManager.dictfetchall2(self, cursor)
>         *blackbox = self.dark*
>         return blackbox

This, like most of your questions, is *really basic stuff* that is well
covered by the tutorial.

You should stop trying to write this complex manager (which BTW does not do
what a manager is supposed to do) and go back and do the tutorial, which
introduces the concepts simply. Then, read the documentation on managers
and understand what they are actually for - and stop writing SQL unless you
really need it.

--
DR.