> I'm giving my first steps with python/django/mezzanine so please bear with
> me.
>
> I modified a translation file of the mezzanine's blog application and
> compiled it OK. Mind you: I literally only modified a couple of words and
> left the rest intact.
>
> The only place I found out I could place them in order to test was at the
> blog app's locale folder
> (~/MY_VIRTUAL_ENV/lib/python2.7/site-packages/mezzanine/blog/locale/es/LC_MESSAGES).
>
> It worked fine, but my guts tell me there has to be a better way so I can
> have this file(s) in some other location WITHIN my own mezzanine
> application so:
>
>    1. I can easily maintain them and
>    2. I don't have to keep my whole virtual environment in my SCM's
>    repository.in order to keep track of this single file with just a
>    couple or words modified and that will hardly ever get modified again.
>
> Great minds think alike? :-). I am in *exactly* the same situation - there
are a couple of translations I would like to change slightly in Mezzanine
(a capitalisation here, pluralisation there) and I had exactly the same
thought. I don't want to have to maintain something completely separately.
Did you find an elegant solution?

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/80e29974-637f-49d4-83e8-f176829cb18e%40googlegroups.com.