Can you try running 'python.exe manage.py runserver' outside of
PyCharm, i.e. in the Command Prompt/PowerShell?

I've got a similar setup, although on Windows 7, and it works. Instead
of setting environment variables, I added the following parameters
into my settings.py to indicate the location of the GEOS DLLs -

GEOS_LIBRARY_PATH = os.sep.join((PROJECT_PATH, '..', 'Scripts', 'geos_c.dll'))
GDAL_LIBRARY_PATH = os.sep.join((PROJECT_PATH, '..', 'Scripts', 'gdal110.dll'))

Find those two files on your system (I didn't install GDAL or OSGeo4W
so I can't tell you where) and set the above parameters in settings.py
and see how you go.

On 26 October 2013 00:40, Robin St.Clair <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am working with a project started by somebody else.It uses GIS. I have
> installed GDAL and OpenGeo4W, plus the C++ runtime.
>
> I have the following included in the path
>
> C:\Python27\;C:\Python27\Scripts;C:\Python27\Tools\Scripts\;C:\Python27\lib\site-packages;C:\gdalwin32-1.6\bin;C:\usr\bin;C:\Program
> Files\GDAL;C:\ms4w\Apache\cgi-bin;C:\OSGeo4W\bin;
>
>
> and the following environment variables are set
>
> GDAL_DATA = %OSGEO4W_ROOT%\share\gdal
> GDAL_DRIVER_PATH = C:\Program Files\GDAL\gdalplugins
> GEOS_LIBRARY_PATH=C:\OSGeo4W\lib
> OSGEO4W_ROOT=C:\OSGeo4w
> PROJ_LIB=%OSGEO4W_ROOT%\share\proj
> PYTHON_ROOT=C:\Python27
>
>
> Originally this development started on a linux box, I am using Vista SP2.
>
> My database is PostgreSQL 9.3, I have installed the PostGIS options and set
> up a normal and a GIS database.
>
> When I start runserver through Pycharm, I get the errors at the bottom of
> this post.
>
> It appears, and I might be wrong as I'm not mega experienced with this, that
> django/python can't find kernell32. This is used by the C library.
>
> Here is what I have found from thr debugger
> self = unable to get repr for class <class 'ctypes.WinDLL'
> handle=None
> mode=0
> name='kernel32'
> Funcptr = <class 'ctypes.WinDLL'>
>
> Can somebody please point me in the correct direction, I'm banging my head
>
> Thanks
>
> Robin
>
>
> GEODJANGOGeos, TRACEBACK
>
> "C:\Program Files\JetBrains\PyCharm 3.0.1\bin\runnerw.exe"
> C:\Python27\python.exe "C:\Program Files\JetBrains\PyCharm
> 3.0.1\helpers\pycharm\django_manage.py" runserver 8888 "C:/Users/Robin
> St.Clair/Desktop/CheckBuild"
>
> Validating models...
>
> Unhandled exception in thread started by <bound method Command.inner_run of
> <django.contrib.staticfiles.management.commands.runserver.Command object at
> 0x02E17EB0>>
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>
>   File
> "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\django\core\management\commands\runserver.py",
> line 92, in inner_run self.validate(display_num_errors=True)
>
>   File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\django\core\management\base.py", line
> 280, in validate num_errors = get_validation_errors(s, app)
>
>   File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\django\core\management\validation.py",
> line 35, in get_validation_errors for (app_name, error) in
> get_app_errors().items():
>
>   File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\django\db\models\loading.py", line
> 166, in get_app_errors self._populate()
>
>   File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\django\db\models\loading.py", line 72,
> in _populate self.load_app(app_name, True)
>
>   File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\django\db\models\loading.py", line 96,
> in load_app models = import_module('.models', app_name)
>
>   File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\django\utils\importlib.py", line 35,
> in import_module __import__(name)
>
>   File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\mptt\models.py", line 14, in <module>
> from mptt.fields import TreeForeignKey, TreeOneToOneField,
> TreeManyToManyField
>
>   File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\mptt\fields.py", line 42, in <module>
> from south.modelsinspector import add_introspection_rules
>
>   File
> "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\south-0.8.2-py2.7.egg\south\modelsinspector.py",
> line 463, in <module> import south.introspection_plugins
>
>   File
> "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\south-0.8.2-py2.7.egg\south\introspection_plugins\__init__.py",
> line 5, in <module> import south.introspection_plugins.geodjango
>
>   File
> "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\south-0.8.2-py2.7.egg\south\introspection_plugins\geodjango.py",
> line 14, in <module> from django.contrib.gis.db.models.fields import
> GeometryField
>
>   File
> "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\django\contrib\gis\db\models\__init__.py",
> line 5, in <module> from django.contrib.gis.db.models.aggregates import *
>
>   File
> "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\django\contrib\gis\db\models\aggregates.py",
> line 2, in <module> from django.contrib.gis.db.models.sql import GeomField
>
>   File
> "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\django\contrib\gis\db\models\sql\__init__.py",
> line 2, in <module> from django.contrib.gis.db.models.sql.query import
> GeoQuery
>
>   File
> "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\django\contrib\gis\db\models\sql\query.py",
> line 4, in <module> from django.contrib.gis.db.models.fields import
> GeometryField
>
>   File
> "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\django\contrib\gis\db\models\fields.py", line
> 4, in <module> from django.contrib.gis import forms
>
>   File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\django\contrib\gis\forms\__init__.py",
> line 2, in <module> from django.contrib.gis.forms.fields import
> GeometryField
>
>   File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\django\contrib\gis\forms\fields.py",
> line 8, in <module> from django.contrib.gis.geos import GEOSException,
> GEOSGeometry
>
>   File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\django\contrib\gis\geos\__init__.py",
> line 6, in <module> from django.contrib.gis.geos.geometry import
> GEOSGeometry, wkt_regex, hex_regex
>
>   File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\django\contrib\gis\geos\geometry.py",
> line 16, in <module> from django.contrib.gis.geos.coordseq import
> GEOSCoordSeq
>
>   File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\django\contrib\gis\geos\coordseq.py",
> line 9, in <module> from django.contrib.gis.geos.libgeos import CS_PTR
>
>   File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\django\contrib\gis\geos\libgeos.py",
> line 58, in <module> lgeos = CDLL(lib_path)
>
>   File "C:\Python27\lib\ctypes\__init__.py", line 365, in __init__
> self._handle = _dlopen(self._name, mode)
>
> WindowsError: [Error 126] The specified module could not be found
>
>
>
>
>
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "Django users" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
> email to [email protected].
> To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
> Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/django-users.
> To view this discussion on the web visit
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/e7019f09-9c56-405d-9427-22d3988bad21%40googlegroups.com.
> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Django users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/django-users.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/CABxbXqWXyNfkxBVtYrP65_fOtcc5fKZsbcwr71Z_QMwcs9%3DyaA%40mail.gmail.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

Reply via email to