On 12/4/13 9:18 AM, Matt Schloepp wrote:
I'm running Django on Windows with PostgreSQL database. I'm in tutorial 5 and have copy/pasted the code after it's initial failure. I've been following the tutorials to this point, with only a little side experimentation, and everything has been working. It looks like it DB related since I'm not using SQLite. I'm lost. What do I need to add or modify to get the tests to work?
What version of Django are you running? I think an issue with starting up tests with PostgreSQL were fixed for 1.6 (but I haven't tried it myself). fwiw PostgreSQL is supported as well or better than any other choice, and SQLite just postpones the inevitable transition to something which is full-featured.

hth

                               - Tom

Output:

        ERROR: test_was_published_recently_with_future_poll
        (polls.tests.PollMethodTests)

        Traceback (most recent call last):

        File "C:\python27\lib\site-packages\django\test\testcases.py",
        line 178, in __call__

        self._pre_setup()

        File "C:\python27\lib\site-packages\django\test\testcases.py",
        line 749, in _pre_setup

        self._fixture_setup()

        File "C:\python27\lib\site-packages\django\test\testcases.py",
        line 861, in _fixture_setup

        if not connections_support_transactions():

        File "C:\python27\lib\site-packages\django\test\testcases.py",
        line 848, in connections_support_transactions

        for conn in connections.all())

        File "C:\python27\lib\site-packages\django\test\testcases.py",
        line 848, in <genexpr>

        for conn in connections.all())

        File
        "C:\python27\lib\site-packages\django\utils\functional.py",
        line 49, in __get__

        res = instance.__dict__[self.func.__name__] = self.func(instance)

        File
        "C:\python27\lib\site-packages\django\db\backends\__init__.py", line
        664, in supports_transactions

        self.connection.leave_transaction_management()

        File
        "C:\python27\lib\site-packages\django\db\backends\__init__.py", line
        317, in leave_transaction_management

        if managed == self.get_autocommit():

        File
        "C:\python27\lib\site-packages\django\db\backends\__init__.py", line
        324, in get_autocommit

        self.ensure_connection()

        File
        "C:\python27\lib\site-packages\django\db\backends\__init__.py", line
        124, in ensure_connection

        self.connect()

        File "C:\python27\lib\site-packages\django\db\utils.py", line
        86, in __exit__

        db_exc_type = getattr(self.wrapper.Database, dj_exc_type.__name__)

        AttributeError: 'DatabaseWrapper' object has no attribute
        'Database'

        Ran 0 tests in 0.001s

        FAILED (errors=1)

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to django-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/b0067a22-b212-4ffa-ad5d-7fab897f9ca7%40googlegroups.com.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/529FAA27.5000009%40gmail.com.