On Fri, Dec 20, 2013 at 11:11 AM, Christian Schulz
<mining.fa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> in my views i have  method calls which might be take some time. It is
> sufficient to return a simple message and request
> the result in another step.
>
> I explore celery , but It might be to complex , because I have to use class
> based task an have some difficulties
> with the serializer's in different ways.

Celery is not too complex, it is just complex enough! You should use
celery over any sort of ghetto queue, since you will get management
and process control that otherwise may be missing or require you to
write yourself. Anything you have to write yourself distracts you from
writing the features that you actually desire in your site.

With respect to serialization, if this is something that can be
initiated from a view, then this must mean that the arguments are
easily serializable, since the arguments have already been serialised
into POST or GET arguments as strings.

Cheers

Tom

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/CAFHbX1LJG%3D_51_4k67K155CdgE3gds6NU2t9rZzX7BVctjh94A%40mail.gmail.com.