On Mon, Dec 23, 2013 at 2:11 PM, Filipe Ferminiano Rodrigues <
filipe.fermini...@gmail.com> wrote:

> This is my views.py
>
>     def piechart(request):
>         responses_pie =
> AnswerRadio.objects.values("body").annotate(Count("id"))
>         res = []
>         for cat in responses_pie:
>             res.append([
>                 cat["body"],
>                 cat["id__count"],
>                 ])
>         return render(request, 'chart_code_v2.html', {'responses_pie_json':
> json.dumps(res)})
>
> reponses_pie_json has 2 keys, body - string values - and id__cout -
> integer values. But, in template, I'm not getting how to input
> response_pie_json in data of HighCharts. I'm trying to use
>
> data: {{ responses_pie_json|safe }}
>
> But It just show a blank screen. What should i do?

If you're getting a completely blank screen, one of four things is
happening:

 * You're not hitting the view you think you are. That means your URL
definition isn't actually hitting the piechart view - it's matching
something else. If you're still in development, try dropping a print
statement into the top of the view, and make sure that the right view is
being invoked.

 * The template file is empty. If chart_code_v2.html is blank, then nothing
will be rendered.

 * You're not hitting the right template. Are you sure that you know
*which* chart_code_v2.html is being rendered? Again, try putting some dummy
text into your template and make sure that the file you're saving is the
file that is being found by the call to render().

 * The page is rendering HTML that contains nothing visible. For example,
if your template is *only* rendering a chart, but there's no data being
provided, it's possible that the rendered chart is blank. Use the "view
source" option of your browser to see if content is actually being
rendered; then you can work out if the problem is rendering the right
template, or if the problem is in the way you're driving your graphics
library.

Once you've worked out which of these is happening, you should be able to
sort out a fix fairly quickly.

Yours,
Russ Magee %-)

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/CAJxq84_x9R1n2qDf6vMDgv2%3DJBRVi17-KrHenHXtoOv3kxjCww%40mail.gmail.com.