On Mon, Dec 30, 2013 at 7:14 PM, Nikolas Stevenson-Molnar
<nik.mol...@consbio.org> wrote:
> The reason for this (someone please correct me if I'm wrong on this) is that
> Django isn't meant to hold connections indefinitely. Ideally you want to get
> a request and turn around a response as quick as possible. Using the
> nginx-push-stream-module, you let Nginx handle all the persistent
> connections (which it does very well with 10k+ connections).

I wouldn't say "wrong"....

Django provides WSGI connection adapters and a framework for handling
HTTP requests. These adapters and framework are great at handling
regular HTTP requests.

However, Django is not *just* a WSGI connection adapter and a HTTP
framework, it is a python library for doing all kinds of things. You
can take any python websocket implementation and do things "in django"
with it - use your models, access your cache, render templates, create
and validate forms, etc - because django is simply another library you
can use whenever you are programming in python.

Cheers

Tom

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/CAFHbX1Jq5LfG-pw0e5B81hYpheZ-E4bgsJ4Uz3JTqNs%3DLxHXOw%40mail.gmail.com.