You can do this with a 'file://...' url, that will cause the browser to open a
file on the local file system, the browser won't need to ask for permission,
the only issue is that the files will need to be in a known path.

François

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/76D50DFA-6030-4529-951C-C4643DFA3064%40gmail.com.