Ok. I'm replying inline:

On 24 Aug 2014 18:43, "Jagger" <zun...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The link is in the base.html of spweb app:
>
> <a class="mainmenuitemlink" href="index">NEWS</a>

This link is relative so the browser will append the href attribute to the
present URL. You should change it to:
<a class="mainmenuitemlink" href="/index/">NEWS</a>

>> On 24 Aug 2014 12:30, "Jagger" <zun...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Everyone!
>>>

>>> I use Python 2.7 and Django 1.6 on Xubuntu 14.04.
>>>

>>> I'm a beginner. My problem is:
>>>

>>> The root URLConf:
>>>
>>> from django.conf.urls import patterns, include, url
>>>

>>> from django.contrib import admin
>>>

>>> admin.autodiscover()
>>>

>>> urlpatterns = patterns('',
>>>
>>> url(r'^admin/', include(admin.site.urls)),
>>>
>>> url(r'^', include('spweb.urls')),
>>>
>>> )
>>>

>>> The URLConf of spweb app:
>>>

>>> from django.conf.urls import patterns, url
>>>

>>> from spweb import views
>>>

>>> urlpatterns = patterns('',
>>>
>>> url(r'^$', views.index, name='index'),
>>>
>>> url(r'^index/$', views.index, name='index'),

Why did you give the 2 patterns the same name ('index')? Because Django can
automatically fill in the URL linked to a name by using the url template
tag:
<a class="mainmenuitemlink" href="{% url 'index' %}">NEWS</a>

>>> url(r'^contact/$', views.contact, name='contact'),
>>>
>>> )
>>>

>>> In a browser the first click on a link link points to
http://127.0.0.1:8000/index (OK, that's correct. This is what I expect to
happen.)

http://127.0.0.1:8000/index/index (That's wrong. Why did the url change???)

BTW note that http://example.com is different fron http://example.com/.