I just use emacs.  One of the original open source tools.  Template syntax
support requires a plugin, and I might try one some day, but html mode has
been satisfying so far.  Also, since I know how to type, running my own
management commands in an emacs shell window works for me.  This sort of
magically includes source code view of the current line when you hit a
set_trace() or breakpoint or single step in pdb,  If you want a good
overview of available django relevant extensions for emacs, see
https://code.djangoproject.com/wiki/Emacs

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/CAB%2BAj0uKNUv-ALbdxJVCfN8WTtzmF53H27fwGmrAqdaLqSFYTA%40mail.gmail.com.