OK, I've written and unit-tested the database components - see
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-thboqjuKZTSjRHTXhqMlo3RlU/view?usp=sharing.
Now I could use a little advice on the Django part.

I believe that all that is needed is to have the app call the DB function
set_session_user() while logging in the user, passing it the user id.  I
guess my questions are:

   1. Where to put this call? - i.e. in what Django module and function?
   2. How to make the call? - Is it just executing a SQL statement like
   "SELECT set_session_user(<userid>)", or is there a better way?

~ Tx again, Ken

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/9a61f435-5e94-4f64-99d9-9b7cb44891d2%40googlegroups.com.