Hi Michael,

The best bet would be to write a custom widget, and override the render()
method. render() takes the name of the widget, the value to render, and a
dictionary of attr values. In your subclass, you can override this method
to inject the additional attributes based on the provided value - something
like:

class MyWidget(TextInput):
    def render(self, name, value, attrs=None):
        if value == SPECIAL VALUE:
            attrs['class'] = 'class1 class2'
        return super(MyWidget, self).render(name, value, attrs)

This is an oversimplification - there's a few extra edge cases you'll need
to account for - if attrs is none, or if 'class' already exists - but the
idea should hopefully make sense.

Yours,
Russ Magee %-)

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/CAJxq849qJkr6GrqK-6FQ7phpgAAR%3Dk3c_0CWNsv%3DyuJy9rXWzg%40mail.gmail.com.