Thanks Jani, good to hear someone has gone down this road before. Since you
did it in code, is there a reason you kept a sequence value on Tenant
rather than using Widget.objects.aggregate(Max(Widget.sequence_value)) ? I
ask because for my app, Widget is actually just one of several cases where
I need this pattern. If I could keep all the book-keeping on the model with
the constraint, that seems cleaner to me. But, of course, I'm not willing
to pay a huge performance or corruption penalty just for vague ideological
purity :)

Thanks again!
~matt

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/1ab4b16d-df97-4412-9622-22cf3b344f80%40googlegroups.com.