To accomplish what you've explained you could move forward with the app on the
PI for the clients.  Each client would need to sync with a database somewhere.
To achieve this I would explore how to individualize and track each machine in
the field.  Then setup another django app in the cloud somewhere that has an
api these clients are designed to access.  Set the sync interval at a low
enough point that the user experience is good, but set it high enough that your
server doesn't get overloaded.

Sent from my iPhone

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/1FE36215-A5B3-4BB9-9ED8-3A6123EDE88D%40strapr.com.