Hi Thomas,

On Wed, Feb 25, 2015 at 4:29 AM, ThomasTheDjangoFan <
stefan.eichholz.ber...@googlemail.com> wrote:

> Hi ya,
>
> I wonder if Django has any gui-frameworks which give common solutions for
> handling frontend data, p.e. in combination with Twitter Bootstrap?
> Some time ago I had a look at the YII PHP Framework and they have a great
> solution called Yiibooster (check it out at
> http://yiibooster.clevertech.biz/jsonGridView).
>
> Yiibooster offers a lot of widgets - all in one framework.
> Is there anything like this for django?

Your question highlights that you've missed an important point.

Django is fundamentally a server-side framework. That means it mostly
handles database requests, HTTP requests, cookies, and so on. At the end of
the day, it's a big function for turning  "http://example.com/mypage"; into
"<html>...".

What you put *inside* the <html> is entirely up to you. You want to use
bootstrap? Use bootstrap. You want to use Zurb Foundation? Use Zurb
Foundation. You want to use JQueryUI? Use JQueryUI? Want to use all three?
Use all three.

Django doesn't care *what* you render to the client - it provides a
template language to make it easy to render whatever you want.

So - at it's core, your question doesn't make sense. No, Django doesn't
provide support for handling frontend data - because you can use whatever
frontend solution you want.

That said, there are some ways that third party developers have been able
to make it *easier* to use frontend tools with Django, by doing things like
providing template tags to render frontend widgets, and providing Django
REST framework configurations to support specific AJAX callback formats.
These usually come in the form of third party libraries, which you can
generally find by Googling for "Django <name of frontend framework>". I
don't have any specific recommendations for good ones, but Django Packages
[1] might give you some guidance.

[1] https://www.djangopackages.com

Yours
Russ Magee %-)