Some questions you need to answer then:

1. Does the URL to the static resource appear properly in your rendered HTML?
2. Did you configure your web server properly so that the STATIC_ROOT
appears at the right location?
3. After running collectstatic does the STATIC_ROOT directory have the
expected structure?
4. Are file and directory permissions correct so that the server can read them?
5. Can you enter the URL to the static resource in your browser and view it?
6. Is there any information in your web server error_log file that helps?

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/CAD4ANxXUrw1VRYtxdboHp_Zg9dbG8wYCMuQjFu35j%3DTLKHe05g%40mail.gmail.com.