To my mind it means something along the lines of:

if someone says something sexist, instead of jumping on them and
eviscerating them publicly, we take them aside and explain that that type
of language is against the CoC, is inappropriate, and ask them to not do it
again. Even so far as to offer supplementary  readings/texts/opportunities
to discuss.

Then, if the behaviour is repeated in a non accidental manner
(reconstruction is hard, mistakes are made!), we probably warn or ask them
to leave the space.

That would be my reading.

cheers
L.

------
let's build quiet armies friends, let's march on their glass towers...let's
build fallen cathedrals and make impractical plans

- GYBE

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/CAGBeqiPbk_Q3H8MGtVzwDgZaahtmUBWEGn44dQxD2x3No_GNYQ%40mail.gmail.com.