I don't know if this is the problem, but...

On Fri, Jun 5, 2015 at 4:44 PM, Tim Sawyer <list.svg...@calidris.co.uk> wrote:
> class Venue(models.Model):
>     """
>     A venue for a contest
>     """
>     last_modified =
> models.DateTimeField(default=datetime.now,editable=False)
>     created = models.DateTimeField(default=datetime.now,editable=False)
>     name = models.CharField(max_length=255)
>     slug = models.SlugField()
>     country = models.ForeignKey(Region, blank=True, null=True)
>     latitude = models.CharField(max_length=15, blank=True, null=True)
>     longitude = models.CharField(max_length=15, blank=True, null=True)
>     point = geomodels.PointField(dim=3, geography=True, blank=True,
> null=True, editable=False)
>     postcode = models.CharField(max_length=10, blank=True, null=True)
>     exact = models.BooleanField(default=False, help_text="True if latitude
> and longitude is for a building, rather than a town")
>     mapper = models.ForeignKey(User, editable=False,
> related_name='VenueMapper', blank=True, null=True)
>     parent = models.ForeignKey("Venue", blank=True, null=True)

... ever since 1.4 the only documented way for a Model to have a
ForeignKey to another instance of the same type is to use the special
value "self". You've put "Venue" in for the "parent" field.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/CAD4ANxVPhtYssi33rLyG_8B%3D_AG1hfn8%2B_d4ni5R_DjYbVWnHQ%40mail.gmail.com.