Hi all,

I was wondering if there is a plugin application for Django. What I want to
accomplish is react to different kinds of events on my models and then
create plugins on the fly for them.

The system I am working on has for example an Order model. When a new Order
is created, I want to send a notification to the person who created the
order. I know that I can do this with signals, but I don't want it to
specifically be tied to a Django application.

I was thinking something along the lines of using RabbitMQ for example to
post all events there and then be able to react on them later. Has anyone
done anything like this?

I have seen Celery, but as I understand that, it takes some method to run
like a delayed job?

Regards,

Andréas

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/CALXYUbnfN%2BBFBKur%2BZY3T%3DpOghse5dtxwz2yhX8dji1uOcT8MQ%40mail.gmail.com.