Querysets are lazy,  so Model.objects.all().filter(...) execute a same
query that Model.objects.filter(...).all()  and Model.objects.filter(...).
For check this tray  in shell

str(Model.objects.all().filter(pk=1).query)

str(Model.objects.filter(pk=1).all().query)

str(Model.objects.filter(pk=1).query)

> Have you had a look at the documentation?
>
> https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/stable/topics/db/optimization/#understand-querysets
>
> On Monday, June 22, 2015 at 11:28:51 AM UTC-4, Paritosh Gupta wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> Do advice me on:
>>
>> queryset = User.objects.all()
>> user = get_object_or_404(pk=id)
>>

>> > Is it better to call the list in queryset and then apply filter or
>> directly use .filter() in the first step.
>>
>> > If so, when we call all the object frequently does it cache and from
>> cache we do filter or does it db everytime.
>>
>  --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/6879eaf6-d906-40ff-8ff1-bed514621856%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/6879eaf6-d906-40ff-8ff1-bed514621856%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
> .

"La utopía sirve para caminar" Fernando Birri

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/CAG%2B5VyPS4NBuqqGx_D9OAiEBLyPjAq8QMWy%3DbAht1%2B3PDnNRZQ%40mail.gmail.com.