christian.kleinei...@gmail.com>:

> I want to install Django and Python 3.4 on a freshly registered Debian
> server.
> What are the steps I have to take given that I want to use Python 3.4 and
> not the debian default of 2.7?
> I expect I also need to install Apache, is that right?
>
> Can you point me to a good tutorial that explains all the details of this
> process?

> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/9c4a8203-42cd-4d38-acbc-757f951fc9e5%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/9c4a8203-42cd-4d38-acbc-757f951fc9e5%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
> .

Hi,

Just searching the net I found:
http://www.extellisys.com/articles/python-on-debian-wheezy . It has
information about how to install python 3.4 on debian. However I haven't
used Debian myself (we use ubuntu on our production servers), so I can't
verify if it's completely correct. Looks ok though. If possible switch to
an ubuntu server instead, because then you will get python 3.4 as standard.

Regarding apache, I would probably choose nginx instead because it should
be faster.

Regards,

Andréas

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/CALXYUbnJ%3Dhs%2BWCviBq9orFMnAPYZ%2B5v8SK9XwSdqNnVAvzWGXg%40mail.gmail.com.