I have an app that fires a custom signal when a specific method is called.
I wrote a test that connects to the signal in setUp() and uses a local
listener function to set a class attribute to True if the handler is
called. You can see the relevant code here:

https://dpaste.de/mAGw

This works fine if I test the module directly using ./manage.py test <app>
test_models.py. However if I run test <app> or simply test the signals
don't appear to connect. Using PyCharm I stepped through the code and found
that when I call .connect() in my TestCase, and step into Signal.connect()
I can see all of the expected receivers on `self.receivers`.

However if I step into the Signal.send() method when the signal is fired,
none of the expected receivers are in place. Again, this works if I test
the module directly just not if I use `test <app>` or `test`.

Does anyone have any guidance on how I could get this to work? Thanks!

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/8390428d-f5a4-4e51-860f-6e7c1d965e6b%40googlegroups.com.