On Tue, Aug 18, 2015 at 3:31 AM, MahdiX <mahdi....@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi folks
> I just start learning and using mongoDB , it's looks like a really nice
> replacement for mysql.

If you're judging relational databases by comparing to MySQL, you're really
not doing a fair comparison. MySQL is a *really* bad database. Before you
write off relational databases, you might want to do some research into
PostgreSQL.

Also, before you commit to MongoDB, might I suggest you look into the many
people with horror stories and cautionary tales about MongoDB:

http://www.sarahmei.com/blog/2013/11/11/why-you-should-never-use-mongodb/
http://www.quora.com/How-much-credibility-does-the-post-Dont-use-MongoDB-have
http://cryto.net/~joepie91/blog/2015/07/19/why-you-should-never-ever-ever-use-mongodb/

... and the people who have demonstrated that PostgreSQL is faster than
MongoDB *at the types of problems that MongoDB is supposed to solve*.

http://www.enterprisedb.com/postgres-plus-edb-blog/marc-linster/postgres-outperforms-mongodb-and-ushers-new-developer-reality

> I was searching for 3rd party for using Mongo with django and I ends up
> with django-mongodb-engine.
> Has anybody test it?
> I'm looking for personal experiences

I haven't used it myself, but from what I'm aware of, if you *must* use
MongoDB, it's the best Django option out there at present.

Yours,
Russ Magee %-)

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/CAJxq848scaBYTZLD5AAhV%3DeOYVN_nY7JpbuzH%2BmZFn%3DQgx1ENQ%40mail.gmail.com.