Thanks, that's a clear answer. As a bonus, it's the one I was hoping for. :)

The UI will be web-based. A native OS GUI would be cool, but 'way overkill.
The application that will be used internally by a small number of people.
It automates some production processes, and having a GUI at all is a
convenience rather than a necessity.

The only reason there will an application running on the client at all is
that this application must execute a native OS GUI application (a
commercial application, not part of my development project).

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/27f3c4d4-2d39-4e36-81ec-30df11aafd24%40googlegroups.com.