Hi Andrew,

On Tue, Nov 3, 2015 at 12:37 AM, Andrew S <stol...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a folder full of HTML files that will reside on a subdomain.
>
> I would like to password protect these with user accounts etc.
>

> Can this be easily completed with Django? is there any packages that
> already do this?

Yes, and Yes.

The magic keyword you’re missing is X-SENDFILE - it’s a HTTP header that
lets Django manage authentication, but your static file server handle
delivering the actual content.

Here’s a blog post to show you how to set it up.

http://www.paulpepper.com/blog/2014/02/django-x-sendfile-and-apache/

Yours,
Russ Magee %-)

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/CAJxq84803EoVt9qxOwqHP1S-uxCecu3K8jdCBfMpp8VE1%3DCyvg%40mail.gmail.com.