Hi Collin,

Am 05.11.2015 um 16:36 schrieb Collin Anderson:
If you're just updating one field, this _might_ work for you:

Why just one?

try:
    TestMonthModel.objects.create(jahr=Jahr,monat=Monat)# create() uses
force_insert.
exceptIntegrityError:
    pass  # It already exists. No Problem.
# ... calculate some things.
TestMonthModel.objects.filter(jahr=Jahr,monat=Monat).update(value=new_value)

It's a nice idea, and I'll have to think more about it, but I guess that while this forces two parallel accesses to work with the same single instance, they can still both enter the calculation step, whose side effects may be hard to foresee in this context. Both will eventually also update the instance at the end, possibly with different results… I'll have to think more about this. ;-)

Best regards,
Carsten

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/563BBF7A.50506%40cafu.de.