Hi Sid,

if with Data Tables you are in fact referring to http://datatables.net/, then you should put your questions with the folks over there. I guess what you want is possible with DataTables (I haven't checked), but be prepared for some customization with JavaScript being required.

If you want to solve the problem in pure Django (that is, with no JavaScript help on the client), I would probably create two different views, one for the table with and the other without the second column. The docs at https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/1.9/topics/db/aggregation/ explain very well the concepts that you need in order to build the table with the second column collapsed.

Best regards,
Carsten