Hi Rafael,

I would use a plugin for django admin that creates an autocomplete field
(django-selectable works). Then when the user chooses something in the
autocomplete list, I would populate the other fields via ajax with the
values that you need. That way you don'ẗ need a foreign key field (even
though you could have it until the product is deleted) and you would get
the functionality that you need.

Regards,

Andréas

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/CALXYUb%3D3iBKz_m%3DKjcAru78rTDDG%2BFKuEqhoq6W0AURViNTJPQ%40mail.gmail.com.