I am planning design an encrypted time-limited API on both Client and
Server sides, the server side is written in Django, the client side is a
GUI program which call the API by

import requests
c = requests.post("http://127.0.0.1:8000/VideoParser/";, data={'videoUrl':
videoUrl })

The way it call the API is desperately exposed to those who can use network
traffic capturing tools like wireshark and fiddler, while I don't want
anyone else could call the API with their customized videoUrl, and if
people made the post call with the same parameters 2 minutes later after
the client initially made the call, the call should be valid or expired, so
how to design the encrypted time-limited API on both Client and Server side
in this case ?
------------------------------

P.S. I think add an identifier to the post data could prevent them using
the API

import requests
c = requests.post("http://127.0.0.1:8000/VideoParser/";, data={'videoUrl':
videoUrl, 'identifier':value_of_identifier })

provided there is something encrypted in the value_of_identifier and it
changes with each call, but I don't know how to get started, any idea ?

It would be better to show some code , I really don't know how to start to
write code.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/c90bd293-f44a-4916-bffa-1fae0663ed0e%40googlegroups.com.