I'd recommend Python 3 at this point unless you encounter a good, specific
reason to use Python 2. If you use the six <https://pythonhosted.org/six/>
module, it's really easy to write code that can be used for both versions
without writing conditionals everywhere. If you then encounter something
that forces you to use Python 2, you can downgrade without trouble. But if
this application has anything close to the lifespan of the previous one,
you'll want to be using Python 3 if at all possible. That's without
mentioning the other benefits of Python 3 too!

-Nick <n...@enviroconsumer.org>

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/CAM1S3vCsKv1XKsOnnFtgAomY2G1XnZEpMrzs%3DSdfPyXHCM9PmA%40mail.gmail.com.