I am building a dictionary translation app that translates from one
language to another, and I would like for the admin to be able to enter in
two words, and their associated languages, these two words would, then get
stored as a translation. Currently there is no way of doing this (Inline
doesn't work, I tried, maybe someone could help?) so I would like a form
that isn't associated with any models. I do, however want to preform
actions on the form after the user has submitted, the actions would create
a translation model object. How would i go about creating an admin form
that isn't associated with a model.

Here is what my models look like:

class Language(models.Model):
language_text = models.CharField(max_length=200)
def __str__(self):
return self.language_text
class Word(models.Model):
language = models.ForeignKey(Language, on_delete=models.CASCADE)
word_text = models.CharField(max_length=200)
def __str__(self):
return self.word_text
class Translation(models.Model):
#word1 belongs to one word, one word can have many translations
word1 = models.ForeignKey(Word, on_delete=models.CASCADE, related_name="
Translation_word1")
#word2 belongs to another word, one word can have many translations
word2 = models.ForeignKey(Word, on_delete=models.CASCADE, related_name="
Translation_word2")

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/dc67c657-685c-4fac-b7d1-7ed4a680e2bb%40googlegroups.com.