Even experts have basic questions sometimes... :)

So, I am starting on a project that is different from my usual Django work.  In
brief, it will be a single database with three separate sites in front of it.

The underlying Django implementation will have a significant number of apps in
common, with some apps separate.  They will share some view functions, while
having separate urlconfs, templates, static files, etc.

The sites framework is obviously designed for this, but I'm wondering how to
structure the actual code:

-- One directory and VCS repository, with separate "project" packages for each
one within it, and different manage.py's (renamed) for each one.  The shared
apps and the separate apps would all live at the same level, so it would be
something like:

   root/
      shared-app-1/
      shared-app-2/
      site-a-app/
      site-b-app/
      site-c-app/
      site-a-manage.py
      site-a/
         url.py
      site-b-manage.py/
         ... etc.

-- Independent VCS repositories, with the shared apps as submodules or
something like that.

Thoughts?
--
-- Christophe Pettus