On Tue, Oct 18, 2016 at 11:00 AM, Johnny McClung <jdmccl...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I have gotten down to the part where the tutorial reads "Load the page by
> pointing your browser at “/polls/”, and you should see a bulleted-list
> containing the “What’s up” question from Tutorial 2. The link points to the
> question’s detail page."
>
> I do not see a bulleted-list. All I see is "No polls are available."
>
> This makes me think that I have an error in the if statement in the
> template index.html. However, I can not find the error or why it is not
> showing me the list. Any help would be appreciated.

The {% if %} statement is fine.

> mysite>>polls>>templates>>polls>>index.html
>
> {% if latest_question_list %}
> <ul>
> {% for quesion in latest_question_list %}

You do have a typo in your {% for %} loop, however.

> def index(request):
>     latest_question_list = Question.objects.order_by('-pub_date')[:5]
>     template = loader.get_template('polls/index.html')
>     context = {'latest_quesion_list': latest_question_list,}
>     return HttpResponse(template.render(context, request))

This is where your issue is. Your template context dictionary also has the
same typo as  your  {% for %} loop, so the {% if %} statement is returning
False because the variable it is checking (which is spelled correctly)
doesn't exist.

-James

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/CA%2Be%2BciV7HOuTkw5Azqoh%2BQmOHoHf%2Bbo1vvRMdfwf0jp2Hk-29w%40mail.gmail.com.