Hi,

A few intro words first. I am an experienced programmer and worked on a few
python projects for maybe 3 years around 2000. Most of my other programming
has been in c, c++, and java - maybe too many years. My current project is
a web based project using Python 3.5.2 and Django 1.9.7. I have gotten to
the point where I'm feeling pretty comfortable with python again, but I'm
still getting a handle on django, so I'll classify myself as being
intermediate in my python knowledge and mid-novice with django. I am
writing a bit of code for the project and in parallel, I am experimenting
with a django project that I call 'testDjangoProject' (I'm not too
original). My current objective in the test project is to get a working
template environment and a working knowledge so that I can write and
templates, template tags and template filters.

I have a few questions, but I'm going enter each question as a separate
thread in this group.

So, question number 1:

I have created a view class that is derived from generic.ListView, which
inherits from a few other classes both directly and indirectly. My class,
called TagView, overrides 2 methods get_query_set() and get(). I basically
did this to mimic what I saw in some tutorials. When I run my test case,
the get() method is called. There are a number of other derived methods
that could also have been overriden. What are the deciding factors that
django uses to determine which view class method to call?

BTW, my 'tag' model has 2 entries in a sqlite3 db.

Jim Anderson

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/ce1e5ebf-725f-4c44-8a91-2e742061c764%40googlegroups.com.