On Wed, Feb 1, 2017 at 5:32 AM,  <jorrit...@gmail.com> wrote:
> You can define a single form to use for creating and updating users like
> this:
>
> class CustomUserChangeForm(UserChangeForm):
>  class Meta:
>

>  model = User
>

>  fields = ('email', 'password', 'first_name', 'last_name', 'photo',
> 'is_active', 'is_staff', 'user_permissions')
>

> class CustomUserAdmin(UserAdmin):
>

>  # Override standard fields
>

>  form = CustomUserChangeForm
>

>  fieldsets = None
>

>  add_fieldsets = (None, {
>

>  'classes': ('wide',),
>

>  'fields': ('email', 'password1', 'password2', 'first_name', 'last_name',
> 'is_staff'),
>
>  }),
>
> Setting fieldsets = None on the CustomUserAdmin makes it inherit the fields
> from your form to use when updating a user, and setting add_fieldsets to the
> fields you want lets you specify the fields you want to use when creating a
> user.
>
> The problem you are having is that Django only recognizes a field named
> 'password' as a special case, and not 'password1' and 'password2', so the
> latter two are only to be used when you actually do need to input the
> unhashed password,
>

> On Tuesday, January 31, 2017 at 9:58:27 PM UTC+1, larry....@gmail.com wrote:
>>
>> I want to make the email field required in the user admin add and
>> change pages. Following some posts I read on stackoverflow I did this:
>>
>> class MyUserCreationForm(UserCreationForm):
>>     def __init__(self, *args, **kwargs):
>>         super(MyUserCreationForm, self).__init__(*args, **kwargs)
>>         # make user email field required
>>         self.fields['email'].required = True
>>
>> class UserAdmin(BaseUserAdmin):
>>     form = MyUserCreationForm
>>     add_form = MyUserCreationForm
>>     add_fieldsets = ((None, {'fields': ('username', 'email',
>> 'password1', 'password2'), 'classes': ('wide',)}),)
>>
>> admin.site.unregister(User)
>> admin.site.register(User, UserAdmin)
>>
>> This works fine in add user, but in change user I get the user's
>> encrypted password shown in the password field, instead of what you
>> normally see:
>>
>> algorithm: pbkdf2_sha256 iterations: 24000 salt: ****** hash:
>> **************************************
>> Raw passwords are not stored, so there is no way to see this user's
>> password, but you can change the password using this form.
>>
>> And when I try to save from the change screen it says "Please correct
>> the errors below." even though there are no errors shown.
>>
>> How can I fix these issues in the change form?

Thanks. I got this working. I did something like this:

from django.contrib.auth.admin import UserAdmin
from django.contrib.auth.forms import UserCreationForm, UserChangeForm
from django.contrib.auth.models import User

class EmailRequiredMixin(object):
    def __init__(self, *args, **kwargs):
        super(EmailRequiredMixin, self).__init__(*args, **kwargs)
        # make user email field required
        self.fields['email'].required = True

class MyUserCreationForm(EmailRequiredMixin, UserCreationForm):
    pass

class MyUserChangeForm(EmailRequiredMixin, UserChangeForm):
    pass

class EmailRequiredUserAdmin(UserAdmin):
    form = MyUserChangeForm
    add_form = MyUserCreationForm
    add_fieldsets = ((None, {'fields': ('username', 'email',
                                        'password1', 'password2'),
'classes': ('wide',)}),)

admin.site.unregister(User)
admin.site.register(User, EmailRequiredUserAdmin)

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/CACwCsY5%2BSjNR1AZ%3Dr_t-nk5O7Rt77NBh%2BO%2Bvt%2BrCrxu0jN4xsw%40mail.gmail.com.