Hi,

I'm pretty new to Django and encountered some client side SSL issue. I'm
trying to use django-cas-ng (CAS client) to do CAS authentication and the
CAS server is using a self-signed server certificate. After obtaining the
service ticket (ST), django-cas-ng tried to verify the ST by calling
requests.get(...) and failed with CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED error.
Following some suggestions on the internet, I've tried to modify
django-cas-ng's code to call requests.get(..) with verify parameter, such
as requests.get(..., verify=False) and requests.get(..., verify="CAS server
cert"). Both workarounds worked, but I can't change third-party package
code. I also tried to add the CAS server cert to the underlying OS (Windows
2008 and CentOS 6.7), but it did not help.

My question is where does SSL client code get the trusted CA certificates
from, from Django, Python or the underlying OS? What configuration do I
need in order for the SSL client to conduct the SSL handshake successfully?

Appreciate any help!

Gang

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/f07875b8-f3b8-4bcb-b95f-2d936f5ece34%40googlegroups.com.