I'm trying to sign in with an account that already exists in the system, i
checked the admin django page of my project to make sure it was there, but
everytime i enter the username and password it always redirects me to the
invalid webpage when I know the username and password is the exact same as
stored in my django login database that is already provided. The login
worked well with my previous html login page so I know it can work properly
but with this new html login page it is not working. What may be the
problem as to why my authenticate function is always returning none? Thanks

Here is my views.py file :

def login(request):
    c={}
    c.update(csrf(request))
    return render_to_response('templates/login3.html',c)
def auth_view(request):
    username=request.POST.get('username','')
    password=request.POST.get('password','')
    user = auth.authenticate(username=username, password=password)

    if user is not None:
        auth.login(request,user)
        return HttpResponseRedirect('/Source.html')
    else:
        return HttpResponseRedirect('/accounts/invalid/')

This is my html templates with my login form:

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"
href="static/bootstrap-cosmo.min.css">

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="static/bootstrap-cosmo.css">

<form class="form-horizontal" action="/accounts/auth/" method="post">
    {% csrf_token %}

  <fieldset>
    <legend>LOGIN</legend>
      <label for="username" class="col-lg-2 control-label">Username</label>
        <input type="text" class="form-control" id="username"
placeholder="username">
      <label for="password" class="col-lg-2 control-label">Password</label>
        <input type="password" class="form-control" id="password"
placeholder="Password">

        <button type="reset" class="btn btn-default">Cancel</button>
        <button type="submit" class="btn btn-primary">Submit</button>
  </fieldset>
</form>

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/1336f837-cb3f-4803-bb16-eb2fccf95ed8%40googlegroups.com.