I was disappointed to get no response on this topic, and would be grateful
for any feedback on why that might have been.

Too big? Big ball of mud? Stupid project? ____? (I have very little
touchiness...)

I hope people did not think we wanted to get them to do all or even very
much work for us. We are charging ahead here:
https://github.com/django-rea

We did find, and are using, some delicious advice from Marty Alchin:
http://martyalchin.com/2008/jan/10/simple-plugin-framework/
And upgrading to the latest version of django, changing to class-based
views, and breaking up both models and views into several files.

Next: a bunch of abstract base classes.

After that: more API work and a mobile app to use it.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/a3e12fd2-fc27-447a-a5f5-e394c3d67cff%40googlegroups.com.