I've developed a bookmark manager app in django. Things are working well.
It's pretty cool, has a js bookmarklet and such. In my model I have fields
such as link title, link category, link url, etc... I'd like to have an
image as well.

So I was thinking of grabbing the favicon for the links and storing that as
base64 in a CharField. Then pass that to the template and show an image
along with the other link info.

I've had some issues however, I've tried messing with pyfav and just
grabbing /favicon.ico and trying to encode to base64. I suppose I could
also just point to {{ link.url }}/favicon.ico but not every site offers the
favicon that way.

Just curious to see what other ideas someone has for offering an image to
go along with my saved links.

Thanks

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/705681e0-7050-44f7-ba8b-cc1ed66de7db%40googlegroups.com.