On Sat, 8 Apr 2017, Sithembewena Lloyd Dube wrote:

My best recommendation for structuring Django projects (and for
optimization and a myriad other goodies) would be the book Two Scoops of
Django by Daniel and Audrey Roy Greenfeld. I could say a lot but the bottom
line is, check the book out. It's at https://www.twoscoopspress.com/

Sithembewena,

  I have that book (the 1.8 version); pulled it off the shelf earlier today
to read again.

There are various factors to consider and this book (to me, at least) best
encapsulates all those. I believe that it also applies for newer versions
of Django than v1.8.

  What I need to build is different from a blog, newspaper, e-commerce, and
similar sites ... I think. In those, every visitor/user sees the same views
and has the same options.

  My proposed application needs to be slightly different for each category
of user and keep each in his/her own private section. How to do this may be
in 2 scoops, or may not. If I don't see how to do this I'll be back with
more questions.

Thanks,

Rich