On Tuesday, April 4, 2017 at 5:18:42 AM UTC-7, guettli wrote:

> In the past I was told: Don't store logs in the database.

For general purposes, I agree with this. Logging is a python standard, logs
can be verbose, logrolling solutions are well established (and built in),
etc. However, there are certain situations or activities where database
logging makes sense, most likely *in addition to* standard logging rather
than instead of. In one of my projects, half a dozen non-technical managers
need the ability to track certain types of actions (related to account
activations at a school). For this, I developed a simple ORM logging
solution that lets those managers search and filter these special logs in
the Django admin.

It's not something that really deserves to be its own project, IMO - just a
typical thing a dev might do in Django to satisfy an institutional need.
But I've put my solution in this gist, in case its helpful:

https://gist.github.com/shacker/05bc1de527a2d7412de361ac659aecde

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/c9486b92-010d-445b-b137-1b18f7ca5efb%40googlegroups.com.