Hi!

I'm doing OOP now for some years (C++/C#, no Python) but never had much
contact with database stuff. I did the tutorial in a virtualenv ((nearly?)
current Python 3.6 for Windows and Django 1.11). Now, for better
understanding of Django, I'd like to program a small website (just for
internal use). I assume Django is suited for it :-)
The bad thing is that I couldn't find any similar examples (and also when I
tryed to edit the tutorial program in that way, I didn't came far).
Probably I just don't know the right keywords.

I'd like to do something like this:
An internal tool, let me call it "Internal car configurator". So every
user(!) is allowed to do everything mentioned below.
- There're car model A, B and C (which needs to be extendable and deletable
like by a "+"/"-" buttons on the website - renaming would be a plus).
- There's a table where every model has it's own row. Every model is shown
there once.
- In that table, there're columns like "exterior package" and "interior
package" (dropdown box to select the corresponding package). The columns
need to be extendable and deletable like by a "+"/"-" buttons on the
website - renaming would be a plus.
- For each like exterior and interior package, there's a number of elements
which may only exist once per like "exterior" and "interior". Like for
exterior "more_chrome", "bigger_wheels", ... and for interior "more_chrome"
(that's completely independent of exterior "more_chrome"!),
"leather_seats", "6th_and_7th_seat", ... (which needs to be extendable and
deletable like by a "+"/"-" buttons on the website - renaming would be a
plus).
- Packages have to be defined for each like "exterior" and "interior" (the
number of and the contents in the packages need to be extendable and
deletable like by a "+"/"-" buttons on the website - renaming would be a
plus).
- Only the packages are selectable in the table (with rows for each model)
metioned above. For each column, exactly one package must be selected
(which can contain no elements and can be called like "nothing").
- Exterior packages can only contain exterior elements. E.g.: The exterior
package "nothing" doesn't contain any of the (of courser only exterior)
elements. The exterior package "chrome" only contains "more_chrome". The
exterior package "extend" only contains "more_chrome" and "bigger wheels".
The packages "everything" contains everything (of the exterior elements).
Same for interior etc.
- If the contents of package is changed (element added, deleted,
renamed...), this change applies immediately to all models where that
package is selected.
- "everything" mustn't automatically contain new elements. New elements
have to be manually added to "everything".
- Deleting a package mustn't delete elements. It's ok if there're elements
which currently aren't part of any package.

Later this will be extended like by (but for that I think I'll find
something on my own):
- All elements, all packages with their elements and all car models with
the elements selected via selecting packages will be exported to text files
in a certains format to be stored in a Git repository (so that database
contents (but not the basic database structure)) can be restored from that
text files, see below and that text files can be processed by other
software).
- Delete current database contents and import that text files from the Git
repository (=vice versa to the line above - only works if the basic
database structure wasn't change since when creating that text files).
- LDAP login (also because of Git)

So if you have links or keywords to similar examples (which work with
Django 1.11 very well) or could even write some example code here -> thank
you! :-)

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/85e9b8a9-526d-4b34-9127-a65fb3b6a617%40googlegroups.com.