Hi,

This sounds a bit like the problem we had with sessions when we tried using
dynamodb for a session store. We reverted to using redis instead, so I
don't really know how to solve your problem, but I would take a look at the
session store. It could be as easy as some of the sessions were created
with django 1.8 and then being read by django 1.10 it isn't able to read
the information correctly (related to how the session object has been saved
on the server - I don't remember if the store is populated differently in
django 1.8 and django.10?)

Regards,

Andréas

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/CAK4qSCdriH21Q9tTUkF6S-dsU-CXJumr-%2BLx38tw%2BW1oE8Ja_w%40mail.gmail.com.