I'm trying to build an email notification system, and would appreciate some
1. New item created & user assigned to instance
2. Existing item edited & user assigned to instance
3. Comment added to object where user is involved
4. Item date field expires & user opts in to this notification type &
user part of item's project
- I can use the post_save signal to trigger a Celery task that sends the
- I would need to create a decorator to register models to be monitored
- I could create a separate notification app so I can build a setting
interface that exposes criteria like which projects get monitored.
- For trigger #2 I can create a celery task that runs at, say, 9am
everyday and checks all instances for expired date. It would send an email
if the condition is True
This is as much as I have figured out. I need to work on implementation
now, but would like some feedback.
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"Django users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email
To post to this group, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/django-users.
To view this discussion on the web visit
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.