From: django-users@googlegroups.com <django-users@googlegroups.com> on behalf
of Joe <joe.tennis6...@gmail.com>
Sent: Thursday, February 15, 2018 4:12:54 AM
To: Django users
Subject: Re: Syntax Error when trying to migrate to Postgresql

The problem was with the quotes being weird format, had to copy and paste the
correct quotes in for it.  Thanks for the help!!

On Wednesday, February 14, 2018 at 9:59:06 PM UTC-5, Joe wrote:
I used TextEdit on Mac to edit the files, maybe using a different editor would
work better.

On Wednesday, February 14, 2018 at 5:41:24 PM UTC-5, larry....@gmail.com wrote:
On Wed, Feb 14, 2018 at 5:32 PM, Joe <joe.ten...@gmail.com> wrote:

> DATABASES = {
>     'default': {
>         'ENGINE': 'django.db.backends.postgresql',
>         'NAME': ‘postgres’,
>         'USER': ‘postgres’,
>         'PASSWORD': ‘*’,
>         'HOST': ‘localhost’,
>         'PORT': ‘8000’,
>     }
> }

Looks like the quotes around the values are some non ascii character.
On my screen I see this:

‘

Change it to ' or "

Did you copy/paste that from Word perhaps?

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/872de896-e541-466b-a158-5bcc59e7914b%40googlegroups.com<https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/872de896-e541-466b-a158-5bcc59e7914b%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/AM5P193MB0083482D171A3461E8EA184C8CCA0%40AM5P193MB0083.EURP193.PROD.OUTLOOK.COM.