Here is an example of get_choices() output ... it comes from a method on the Question model.

 [('A', 'A - Once?'), ('B', 'B - Twice?'), ('C', 'C - Four times?'), ('D', 'D - Twelve times?'), ('E', 'E - Continously as changes are made?')]

It is available before the the answer form is instantiated ...

class AnswerSingleForm(forms.ModelForm):

    class Meta:
        model = Answer
        fields = [

So how do I get that set of choices into the Answer form?

I can see from the docs that the form Meta class can have a widgets attribute for the 'answer' field. I think I need a ChoiceField widget so I can include the choices. I tried using __init__() in the form class to get the choices on board at instantiation but still couldn't get it going because class Meta doesn't see 'self'.

Thanks for any help

users" group.
To post to this group, send email to
Visit this group at