I'm having a hard time envisioning the SQL statement that could do what you
are asking, without a sub select or something like that. If you can write
the expression in sql you _might_ be able to get back to the ORM that would
create that. Can you provide an sql  statement that does what you want for
us to help you think about it?

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/d367e365-414c-488c-ba76-a57ba42276b3%40googlegroups.com.